Thursday, February 06, 2014

Feb Health & Fitness Goals

New month, new goals.

I decided to kick it up a notch and add a few different goals for February when it comes to health and fitness since January went so well and made me feel so good. I've realized that setting goals makes me feel like I wake up each day with some sort of purpose, and that is my ultimate goal for this year.

1) I'm adding circuit training to my fitness plan, which in January just consisted of walking and Zumba. I finished my first one yesterday and felt like I was going to DIE. This should kick my butt in the next month.


2) I'm adding measurements to my journal to see how I progress month to month. I want to focus less on weight, which is hard, and I think this is a great way to move towards that goal.

3) I'm replacing at least one meal a day with a protein shake or smoothie. I always hated this idea, but I was recently out and about and needed lunch but didn't want to eat fast-food and bought a protein shake instead and it seriously filled me up for HOURS. I've been loving on the green smoothies for almost a year now, but usually only 3-4 days a week. I think this will be a good step towards portion control too.


4) I'm pushing myself to set time aside to exercise no less than 3 times a week. Last month I exercised, sometimes 3-5 times a week, sometimes only once, and I felt kinda down about it when I thought about how sporadic it was. I love the way exercising makes me feel so I don't know why I put it off. I want to kick this habit and wake up wanting to exercise daily.

5) Before the month is over I want to find some sort of exercise that Jeremy and I can do together. He finally jumped on the bandwagon and has joined me in eating clean and making healthier decisions. However, I know he is not going to do Zumba, or go running, or do a lot of exercises that I enjoy, so I'm hoping we can find at least one thing we enjoy doing together. I'd totally lift weights, perhaps we'll look into joining the Y.

Do you have any new health or fitness goals for February? If so, do share!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about protein shakes! I have a hard time imagining feeling filled enough to use one as a meal replacer, but it sounds like it worked well for you. I also struggle with portion control, but I started using myfitnesspal, and for the first time have stuck with it for more than a few days, and it has helped me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on the protein shake bandwagon! My husband makes a peanut butter, banana and vanilla protein shake in the mornings and it is SO good. I just started working out the last couple of weeks and it's amazing how much better it makes you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs & sons all do protein shakes, but I haven't yet ... no reason, just haven't. As for measurements, I took mine for the 1st time at the beginning of January & it's on my list of things to do today. I want to do it once a month. I'd like to have a zumba dvd to use at home. Is that what you do or do you go to the gym for zumba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a game for the Wii. I like it because it tracks your movements. =)

      Delete
  4. I've tried to get on the protein shake bandwagon, I just can't seem to find one that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These awesome goals, and totally attainable!
    Have you and Jeremy tried doing the circuit workouts together (like you have posted in #1)? I find some of my best workouts are the ones I do with Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about some awesome goals! You go girl! :) So encouraged by your progress AND challenged!!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.