I decided to kick it up a notch and add a few different goals for February when it comes to health and fitness since January went so well and made me feel so good. I've realized that setting goals makes me feel like I wake up each day with some sort of purpose, and that is my ultimate goal for this year.
1) I'm adding circuit training to my fitness plan, which in January just consisted of walking and Zumba. I finished my first one yesterday and felt like I was going to DIE. This should kick my butt in the next month.
2) I'm adding measurements to my journal to see how I progress month to month. I want to focus less on weight, which is hard, and I think this is a great way to move towards that goal.
3) I'm replacing at least one meal a day with a protein shake or smoothie. I always hated this idea, but I was recently out and about and needed lunch but didn't want to eat fast-food and bought a protein shake instead and it seriously filled me up for HOURS. I've been loving on the green smoothies for almost a year now, but usually only 3-4 days a week. I think this will be a good step towards portion control too.
4) I'm pushing myself to set time aside to exercise no less than 3 times a week. Last month I exercised, sometimes 3-5 times a week, sometimes only once, and I felt kinda down about it when I thought about how sporadic it was. I love the way exercising makes me feel so I don't know why I put it off. I want to kick this habit and wake up wanting to exercise daily.
5) Before the month is over I want to find some sort of exercise that Jeremy and I can do together. He finally jumped on the bandwagon and has joined me in eating clean and making healthier decisions. However, I know he is not going to do Zumba, or go running, or do a lot of exercises that I enjoy, so I'm hoping we can find at least one thing we enjoy doing together. I'd totally lift weights, perhaps we'll look into joining the Y.
Do you have any new health or fitness goals for February? If so, do share!