Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rain

It's raining here today and I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I love the rain.

Even when I have very little to say, it soothes my soul in a way that makes me want to write, to bear my soul, and to expose some of my deepest thoughts and secrets.

I've found that different seasons in life bring different purposes and I feel as if the same rings true for the weather. On days when the rain falls and I can hear it against the windows and roof, there is always a calming presence and longing present. Likewise, when the warm sunshine is bright and it falls on my skin, I am pulled to pause and soak it in and then move. I miss the sunshine after this long, hard winter, and I have also missed the rain.

Living with purpose this year, or striving to, has guided me to make a lot of changes in my life. They've come in all shapes and sizes: some small, some large, and all with a lasting impact. 2014 has barely began and I already feel as if it has changed my life for the better, and I am so impatient, and excited, and yet longing for it to last awhile longer, to see what else it has in store.

Today I am listening to the rain, soaking in that feeling of longing and need, and dreaming of what the future holds.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you are getting rain! Enjoy it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so soothing, cleansing, refreshing about a good rain. We don't get that very often around here. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the rain. And since I'm watching the snow here - I much rather have the soothing sound of rain instead of worrying about how much snow we're going to get.

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.